Father’s Day is in 7 days, and if you haven’t gotten dad anything yet, don’t go out and buy him another tie or coffee mug. Consider making him one of these handmade Father’s Day gifts that he’ll actually use.
1. Handmade shaving butter with rosemary and mint is great if your dad has sensitive skin or dry skin. It doesn’t contain soaps or chemicals that will just irritate his skin. This recipe from Food For My Family is pretty easy to make using 5 ingredients: shea butter, virgin coconut oil, jojoba or almond oil, rosemary essential oil and peppermint oil.
2. A shop tape dispenser will make projects easier for dad. He won’t have to search for his electrical tape or duct tape when he needs it. All you need is a little woodworking and a hacksaw blade for the cutting blade.
3. A few new golf towels is perfect for dad’s who like to golf. You can custom the towel with his favorite colors, sports teams, etc. depending on what material you can find.
4. Handmade aftershave can be a super easy gift with a manly bay rum smell. Bay rum aftershave contains a blend of vodka, Jamaican rum, bay leaves, allspice, cinnamon and orange zest.
5. Make dad a muscle salve for those long days at work, weekends in the yard, hours under the car and any other time he just needs a little help easing his muscles.